Friday, February 17, 2006

Sam Malone Found Not Guilty of Domestic Violence

Posted by Derrick D. Blassingame

Former Cincinnati Ciy Councilmember Sam Malone was found not guilty this afternoon of domestic violence.  Malone was charged with domestic violence in May 2005 for allegdely beating his son with a belt.  Hamilton County Judge Russell Mock said “based upon the evidence, the case didn’t fit the legal description of domestic violence.”

Although Sam Malone was not re-elected to city council, this victory may add to Malone’s political career.  Republicans are known to be the “moral” party with ideals and beliefs that usually sounds good but in many cases is another political diatribe to win over voters.

Judge Mock stated to Malone “Sir, if you’re ever going to stop a circle of violence in our community, I suggest you might want to think about this.” Think about what?  Disciplining your kids or was Judge Mock somehow saving himself a headache during the next campaign?

Judge Mock made the right decision.  Malone never “beat” his son as some accuse him of, nor is he a bad father.  We live in a time when many teenagers are running the streets with violence.  Perhaps if more Blacks (and other races) would discipline their children, we wouldn’t have such high juvenile crime rates and kids and teens will have a better chance of becoming productive citizens.

Malone told Channel 9’s Bill Price that there must be a “culture difference” between himself and the judge.
In the Black community, discipline is a must.  In the white community, talk is cheap.  The differences in how races choose to discipline their children is debatable and no establishment should define discipline.  We know what abuse is and today we found out that Sam Malone is not guilty of either.  Sam Malone’s stern discipline of his son was done in love and to suggest otherwise is absurd.  I have known Sam Malone for a long time and I have seen him interact with his son and other teenagers like him and I find him to be one hell of a role model.  Firm discipline is required when kids step out of line.  I guess he could have been a lazy parent and allowed his son to continue to “act out” and become involved with the authorities or wait for another Columbine to take place.  But Malone took another route, one that many other parents may want to follow.

To highlight comments made by Sam Malone after the judges decision;

Coming Up: Sam Malone & Kids Helping Kids

1. .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) says:

Next time Sam Malone should use a TAZER!

2. .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) says:

Because Malone looks so much like Flip Wilson probably didn’t hurt his efforts. He could’ve just said, “the devil made me do it”.

3. .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) says:

The headline should have been ” Malone beats the charges, but not his kids” - ha!

4. What??? says:

“If he drops the tools I’ll pick them up and beat him with them”. You can discipline your kids without beating the crap out of them with a belt. Sam is no role model! I guess when he strangled his mom a few years back, she dropped her tools too. This guy has some serious issues and we shouldn’t pretend he’s some kind of hero. If he wasn’t connected he’d have been found GUILTY!

Shame on Sam Malone and any of his apologists!

The Republican party isn’t known to be the “moral” party. There the ones lying us into war, illegaly spying on us, torturing people, stealing elections, running record deficits, cutting taxes for the rich, increasing pollution, Jack AbramhOFFing, outing CIA operatives, getting drunk and shooting people in the face.

How could anyone believe they’re moral? Beats me!

5. .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) says:

In response to: “What???”

The proper reference (as above) should read:

“To me, it’s my duty, my responsibility to make sure I equip my son with the tools [to succeed]. If he drops the tools, it’s my responsibility to pick those tools up for him,” Malone told the media after the ruling.”

What is going on?

6. .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) says:

Dear What??

Your personal view of child discipline has no bearing on an interpretation of the law.

I’m eager to see Derrick’s comparison of Malone with KHK.

7. What??? says:

“The headline should have been “ Malone beats the charges, but not his kids” - ha!”

Yossarian, he did beat his kids! That’s why he was arrested.

8. Anon says:

Although it’s somehow legal to thrash your kid all over with a belt, that doesn’t make it “right” or “moral”.

So beating your kids is a cultural thing?

9. Antigen says:

“to make sure I equip my son with the tools [to succeed].”

So, the writer filled in the meaning to the ‘tools’ reference? I wonder if he got that from the context of the conversation or if he had to guess. Cause that’s sort of an odd usage all by itself, or even a sentence later. Is this guy openly affiliated w/ any of these LGAT groups at all?

So, just when is this black community discipline going to start?  The Courts & the jail are clogged with these undisciplined people & they’re out on the streets with drugs & guns. Derrick, the cheap white community talk is just something you pieced together to justify the lack of discipline in the black community. FYI, white folks do hammer their kids’ asses.

What Sam Malone did is his business.  I didn’t want to be judgmental, even though he psycho-ed out on his Mother.  We’ll see in a couple of years if his methods of raising a child was successful.

11. Antigen says:

Sockeye, let me tell you a little story. I never did hate black ppl. Just one of those things I thought my dad was mistaken about. I always liked anybody who won my admiration, regardless of the particulars. But, growing up in Florida and not hanging out w/ big dumb red necks as a habit, I really thought most of the vocal critics of discrimination were pretty much professional complainers or just a bit eccentric, like Jesse &co;. I didn’t see it happening. None of the people I knew were prejudice, so I thought it was just some more political horse plucky, for the most part. Oh, sure, I’d met the occasional dumb red neck. But I figured they were in the minority.

Then, one day, around `90 or so, I’m standing at my usual bus stop along US-1 in Boca Raton (rhymes ‘baton’ to locals, but it really means ‘mouth of the rat’ in Spanish, and rhymes ‘la tone’) I’m smokin my cigarette, wearin my needle point Phoenix jacket from Guatemala; a trophy from a friend who’s dad took him there on business trips to buy marble. This was just like any other day, till this young man jumps off a lawn service truck, runs into the bathroom and emerges looking like he’d stepped right out of a full color glossy brochure for some business school.

So we’re passing the time and he tells me he just got his degree, this is his first serious job interview and he hopes he gets it. As we’re talking, I start to notice that, as all these well heeled liberals in their late model sedans and sports cars and SUVs slow past us to stop for the light, they’re slamming down their door locks! I couldn’t friggin believe it, man! About the second traffic cycle, I said to him that that never happened when I stood there alone. He smiled, generously I think, and said “yeah, I know” and shook his head. Damn, I hope he got the job!

The reason why the jails are filled w/ non WWASPs is because that’s where they’re looking. Whites do more and better drugs than blacks. That’s pretty much established fact, even if you rely entirely on studies and surveys funded by ppl who expected the opposite result. But blacks get busted for drugs at roughly 3 times the rate as whites (more in some places). Why? Cause they get watched.

12. .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) says:

sockeye:  No, we won’t see.  The Malone family has been so disrupted due to the media, that he might not be able to have a normal relationship again.  The corporate news pandered to the kid and those opposed to Malone.  That can’t be healthy.

13. ??? says:

Antigen:

Upper-class elitists are more likely to be Republicans. How is it that you could tell all of these cars were owned by liberals?

14. Antigen says:

No, that’s largely a myth. Left leaning, social engineering control freaks tend to be just about as wealthy as the right leaning, money worshiping, control freaks.

Plus, this is West Palm Beach and Boca we’re talking about. It’s home to the Kennedy’s mansion. The old money around there is all left leaning. It’s the polar opposite of areas like Miami, where a large faction of Cuban immigrants still refer to themselves as exiles. Or even Melbourn or Jax or Tampa or Pennsecola, which are all military towns to some degree.

I knew these people well enough because my grandpa had some connects there when I was a kid. Later, I used to clean homes in St. Andrews country club, Wellington, Weston and a bunch of other gated communities. I also worked in an office, transcribing voicemail messages to customers’ alpha/numeric pagers (back in the stone age before text messaging) Here’s a good link that shows political affiliation. http://www.pbcelections.org/News/pct.htm I’m pretty sure most of those “others” are Greens, though the Libs do make a fair showing in the region. Here’s some Greens coverage from Florida: http://web.greens.org/news/index.php?location=3:1:12§ion;= You’ll note very little from the red areas, lot of activitie from the blues.

15. slippy says:

The corporate media pandered to malone’s kid… Haven’t you interviewed Malone Mr. Dean? Anyone that has been around the Former Councilman can see that he has issues with women, violence and authority. He may be wrapped up relatively well by the local Republicans but on his own, he’s an animal.

16. .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) says:

I have not interviewed him per se, but I did meet him twice.  Seemed like an okay dude.