Thursday, January 22, 2009

Did Prosecutor Joe Deters share Obama assassination joke with infamous author of racist tipsheet?

Posted by The Dean of Cincinnati

Joe Deters as seen in The WhistleblowerCopies of this article and a cover letter requesting an investigation have been sent to the United States Secret Service. We’ll keep readers updated as new information becomes available.

Joseph T. Deters, Prosecuting Attorney
Hamilton County
230 E. Ninth Street, Suite 4000
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202

Mr. Deters:

Reportedly you recently shared a joke about the potential assassination of Barack Obama. I’m writing today in an attempt to verify the facts.

The report was published last week in “The Whistleblower,” a hardcore racist newsletter written by Cincinnatian Jim Schifrin

You’ll recall I’ve repeatedly written you to ask about your relationship with Schifrin because he regularly reports items about lunch dates with you. Here are the May 2008 e-mails I wrote you (to which I never received a reply):

May 2008 e-mails to Joe Deters re: his relationship with racist newsletter publisher - NO REPLY

Publish at Scribd or explore others:        Academic Work          Literature            racism          joseph deters

Here’s my July 16, 2008 e-mail asking you to verify Schifrin’s claim that the two of you made racist jokes about then-Senator Obama the same week the NAACP’s national convention was held in Cincinnati:

7/16/08 inquiry to Joe Deters asking if he made racist jokes about Sen. Barack Obama - NO REPLY

Publish at Scribd or explore others:          racism          joseph deters

I never received a reply to that either, but when our camera caught up with you that week at the McCain for President rally on Fountain Square, you said your relationship with Schifrin was “your personal life.” You then walked away and two of your associates blocked our camera.  Here’s the video:

Last week, the January 17 issue of “The Whistleblower” included:

As you may know, Schifrin and Steve Fritsch, whose website hosts “The Whistleblower,” have a history of publishing similar material, samples of which are copied below my signature.

Here are my questions:

1. Were you present when an assassination remark was made about Barack Obama?

2. If so, did you report the information to authorities, such as the United States Secret Service?

I look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,

[The Dean of Cincinnati]
The Cincinnati Beacon

cc:

The United States Secret Service
Mark Sullivan, Director
Kurt Douglass, Special Agent In Charge, Cincinnati

Hamilton County Board of Commissioners
David Pepper
Todd Portune
Greg Hartmann

Obama Jokes at the Whistle Blower

Publish at Scribd or explore others:

1. Dewey says:

I dunno. I kinda liked the remark about the racist democrat from West Virginia just coming to realize obama was black, not Irish…

2. .Cincy..Capell. says:

Deters is a disgrace. Have you reported his public threat on the President to the Secret Service yet? That is definitely in order. They won’t find Deters “joke” one damn bit funny.

3. Check says:

Under the Dean’s signature:

cc:

The United States Secret Service
    Mark Sullivan, Director
    Kurt Douglass, Special Agent In Charge, Cincinnati

4. Citizens Against Joe Deters says:

Yes Deters is a disgrace. Also wonder if Deters can answer why Whistleblower/ Schfrin was aware way in advance that Cinti Magazine would do a story as reported by Whistleblower—that help confirms that Deters keeps company with Dirty Deters. Also Whistleblower told or reported in his newsletter only info that Dirty Deters would know as it pertains to Feb issue of Cincinnati magazine.

If Deters does not respond to The Dean—our group will confront him at Dewine lucheon on Feb 13. See invite on Tryingtofoolya’s blog.

5. Citizens Against Joe Deters says:

Clearly Dirty Deters needs to resign. Our group will help make that happen. Deters seems to think that anything goes as far as bad behavior. Deters behavior/associations/reckless comments are unacceptable as a Prosecutor.

6. anon says:

I agree, report Deters’ promoting a website that advances the idea of assasinating the President of the United States. Deters has the power and connections and political cover to help effectuate, influence, and promote this type of behavior.

This is just disgusting.  Send it to MSNBC and make clear Deters position, his involvement in the Cunningham/McCain rally, and a little on his history as our good prosecutor and state treasurer.

7. Disaster Master says:

1) From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_M._Chesley

(Stan) Chesley is a Life Board Member of the NAACP

2) Deters joins Chesley law firm by Kimball Perry, Cincinnati Enquirer, January 2, 2009

8. Citizens Against Joe Deters says:

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)    Keith Olbermann’s show email address

You can also mail a letter to:

NBC News
    30 Rockefeller Plaza
    New York, N.Y. 10112

The above address can be used to contact any MSNBC show.

I sent the Olbermann show a link to the Beacon making the show aware that there is a terroist website in Cincinnati that is supported by Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters (formely John McCain’s S.W. chair)

9. Citizens Against Joe Deters says:

Dear Mr. Olbermann:

This email is to inform your show that the Cincinnati Beacon, a highly respected and hugely popular blog in Cincinnati, Ohio has quite possibly broken the story of 2009.  Please see link below.

Mr. Olbermann you will be astonished to learn that our town’s Top Prosecutor, Joe Deters,  who is well known for his laundry list of Dirty Deeds,  is good friends with Jim Schifrin who runs a hardcore racist newsletter, that promotes killing President Barack Obama.

Thank you for you time Mr. Olbermann. My hope is that your show will consider a story on the above mentioned.

Humbly,

CAJD

10. Joe Deters is not a racist thug says:

Josh Marshall at TPM picked up the previous chapter about the cozy relationship between Deters & Schifrin:

TPM 10/18/08, Late Update: The same guy, Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters, is also friends with the publisher of a local racist website.

Maybe Josh and others will be also interested in this latest information. Don’t just sit there, people. Send this around!

11. .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) says:

Before even finishing the article, I was going to ask if you’d copied the Secret Service. I see you have and I think that is even more important than getting an admission from Deters. We know who he is and where he stands. He’s not going to reply. These are scary times. It’s hard to imagine even a nut case private citizen “joking” about assassinating the president, but the guy in charge of prosecuting for the county? Even leaving out all of his other misdeeds, this alone should be enough to impeach and remove him from office. I do hope that th Secret Service takes seriously the Whistleblower, Deters, and other locals that promote harm to the president.

12. Matters says:

As a republican who did not vote for Obama, I find this a total disgrace. I am sorry that the election is over and my candidate didn’t win, but the reality is that you respect the office of the President. Just like I don’t like what Clinton did or the legacy he left, you still have respecct for the office and the elected official.

When we have McCain and others trying to calm the waters and with the times being what they are, we have no time for this. This is disgusting and I hope that the Secret Service, FBI and others act in a manner that they have been trained to do and not look at the fact he is an elected official.

Shame on you Joe Deters. You need to resign and Mr. Chesley, you need to break you ties with this man.

13. JFD says:

Jason,
    In your zeal to bring down Joe Deters; you, (in your limited wisdom), have decided to waste the time and resources, of the Secret Service, on what you claim to understand is a joke? That’s brilliant.

14. Shame on Deters says:

He’s really outdone himself this time.  It’s really time for him to go.

Some many of his relatives work in his office. It’s a shame the corruption.

15. .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) says:

JFD, these “jokes” aren’t funny and the Secret Service takes them very seriously. Go to a crowded theater and yell ‘fire’ and see how amused the authorities are. The reality is that increasingly there are threats being made against him and pretending that these “jokes” are funny helps create a dangerous climate. Deter’s isn’t in grade school, he’s a grown man in a position of authority. He should act like it.

16. Citizens Against Joe Deters says:

Well JFD

I called the Secret Service this morning and I didn’t waste their time. Someone called me back. My caller Id read Dept of Treasury.  I spilled the beans. They asked for my address and I gave it to them. They also asked for my ss#  and birthdate (I didn’t give).  I asked why they needed my address and they stated in case they have to come out to me.

I agree with Matter Says commnets. I didn’t vote for Bush and laughed when the shoe was thrown at him, still I found the reporter’s conduct appalling. Yes I empathized with him, but you have to take appropriate actions. I would never throw a shoe at Joe Deters or do anything to harm him because that illegally action will not garner me the results I desire—to get him fired or have him resign.

The Whistleblower is not an elected official while his conduct is very offensive, he can’t officially Prosecute a person (other than in the court of public opinion) Deters on the other hand because of his position and the position he held as McCain’s SW chair, should not be associated in anyway with a man who threatens the President or anyone.

17. Doggies!! says:

JFD, it is like going thru security at the airport- you don’t even make a joke about a bomb or harming anyone. You don’t make any threats- veiled or not- towards the president- not even in jest.

It has nothing to do with political affiliations-you just don’t do this.

18. JFD says:

From #16

That means you wasted their time twice. Other than hearsay, and over active imaginations that don’t make this a real threat; what evidence have you to offer?

From #15

The reality is that increasingly there are threats being made against him…

Justin, that is exactly why this is a waste of time for those who are assigned to protect the President. They could be looking into real threats, instead of wasting time with a political hit squad looking to smear Deters.

19. .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) says:

The Secret Service can decide how to spend their time, but I do believe it is illegal to make threats against the President and as a prosecutor he should certainly know better. Deter’s knows his little racist jokes will be printed by his obese colleague. They could encourage other racist whack jobs out there.

You don’t think Deter’s should be above the law do you? Would it be OK for Deter’s to make “jokes” about there being a fire while in a crowded theater and about having a bomb on an airplane too?

20. Citizens Against Joe Deters says:

JFD—Ha Ha, screw you…it’s Friday.  This is no laughing matter.

JJ did you say Deters obese colleague? I’ll have you know that the on the Whistleblowers news site he thought he was being amusing when he showed a picture of how the National Mall will come to look if President Obama’s supporters continue to visit. What he failed to mention is that he has more junk-in-his trunk than everybody (the entire 2 million plus) that attended the inauguration.

Deters shouldn’t be paling around with a guy who wants President Obama killed.

21. Kelsey says:

Mr. Deters is an officer of the court, the chief legal representative of Hamilton County. Jim Schifrin’s article claims the two enjoyed their assassination joke at the King Wok restaurant in Clifton, a public place. If that is true, it indicates a remarkable lack of inhibition by both men.

Mr. Deters works closely with many law enforcement officials. If what Schifrin says is true, it is alarming. In the coming years, President Obama will be traveling to the Cincinnati area, and his security is paramount.

Finally, whenever any prominent official engages in racist/violent rhetoric, it can be a permission slip to unstable people who may act out. We have the right to expect a higher standard of conduct from our elected officials.

22. Said it was So JOE! says:

Deters your game is over and the Secret Service and the FBI don’t look at things like this lightly. I hope they come knocking at your door soon!

23. JFD says:

From #19

Justin, yes it is illegal to make a threat, however it’s not illegal to make a joke; and you don’t actually have proof that Joe did either one. Unfortunately, when the Beacon decides to smear someone, ethical considerations, (wasting of Secret Service manpower), and actual evidence often take a back seat; while supposition and innuendo do the driving.

24. .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) says:

It is illegal to make a threat even if you are just joking. You might think its funny to yell ‘fire’ in a crowded theater or ‘I have a bomb’ on a plane. It might make your friends that know you’re joking laugh, but it is still illegal and very inappropriate for an elected official.

We have asked Deter’s to respond and in the past he has refused to deny what the racist rag has reported saying “it’s my personal life”. We know they have lunch on a regular basis and Jaba often writes about his friend dirty Deter’s. Given the racist company Deter’s keeps this doesn’t sound too far fetched, so I’d say we have reason to believe it was said.

25. .Cincy..Capell. says:

Dean- A request, if you would please. Can you please post that great picture you took of Fat Jim tying to squeeze into a school desk at a public meeting from a while back? It would be very informative to many of your readers, and fucking hi-larious too boot!!

26. Does Tom Brinkman have a Jim Schifrin tie? says:

I believe this is the photo of Jim “The Whistleblower” Schifrin which CincyCapell asked about.

27. Slob as in Fat says:

You have got to be kidding me!  You have got to be kidding me!  I’m no model and I certainly need to put down the cheeseburgers, but my God.

The comment was made from #20 that Deters shouldn’t be paling around with a terroist. He also shouldn’t be paling around with the globe. That man looks like he’s got a Globe in his belly. The whole world in his belly.

How the hell would the Secret Service get him out of his house.

28. .Cincy..Capell. says:

That’s it!! I posted this last year in response to that picture, but it’s a classic that is worth revisiting:

Size 56 Portly Blazer: $125

Size 54 Expandable Waist Pants: $49

Eyeglasses From The Charles Nelson Reilly Collection: $65

Watching Fat Jim Try To Squeeze Into A Student Desk: Priceless!

Some background on “the Whistleblower”, aka Jim Schifrin.

29. Citizens Against Joe Deters says:

Cincy Capell would you please stop?  Lol.

I don’t have to go out on a Friday night. I’ll just sit here and read the blog comments. And the reason it’s fair game is because Whistleblower dishes it out so he should be able to take it.

Also, this time I think he wrote a check his ass can’t cash (not even with all the dough—no pun intended—OK maybe pun intended.

I’m sure the secret service are reading his blog and this one too and they won’t find that his commnets are a laughing matter.

Nothing would make me more happy than to wake up tomm morning and see the SS rolling whistleblower out in handcuffs along with Joe Deters.

30. policy71 says:

It is illegal to make a threat even if you are just joking

He didn’t make a threat.  He never said he was going to do harm to the president or anyone else.

31. JFD says:

BTW, the joke in question contained no threat of harm by either Deters or Schifrin. I think any response you get from the Secret Service will read something along the lines of; “thank-you for your interest in the well being of our President, quit bothering us with your petty political assassination attempts”.

32. Citizens Against Joe Deters says:

JFD get a life. Considering you are a gun totting, 1-member of group Charmed, the SS just might knock on your door next.

33. JFD says:

From #32:

1) This doesn’t look like the grammar and spelling of a person with a degree in English Literature.
    2) It’s CHARM, Clifton Heights Armed Response Militia.
    3) They, (the Secret Service), knock on our door all the time; to ask for our help.
    4) I have a life, and part of it is devoted to helping those with logic disorders, who are supportive of the Beacons, irrational, political hatchet jobs like this one.

34. .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) says:

The semi-colon in #3 is oddly placed, and you forgot the apostrophe in “Beacon’s” on #4.

35. .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) says:

I’ve never bothered visiting the Whistleblower and had no idea of the extent of the filth and hatred and racism he spews. It’s astonishing, appalling and dangerous. I learned that, as CincyCapell points out in his Background on the Whistleblower” link: Schifrin is the chief mouthpiece for Chris Finney, Phil Heimlich and Tom Brinkman. It makes perfect sense.

Am I missing something here? Deters should be roundly condemned for his association with the racist Shifrin. It’s more than appropriate to follow-up with the SS. But unless there’s another Chris Finney, the same CF that the president of the Cincinnati NAACP claims as his BFF and praises at every opportunity, is BFF to Shifrin. You’re judged by the company you keep applies to Deters, but not Finney? CAJD is pretty active in this conversation. How does he/she reconcile that the NAACP uses the friend of an avowed racist, that “jokes” about killing the president, as legal counsel and advisor? That’s the most bizarre relationship imaginable. Maybe the Secret Service should be aware of Shifrin’s relationships with other prominent and influential individuals, as well. It’s not usually elected officials that pose a physical threat, but nutcases like Shifrin, Finney and maybe their friends and supporters.

36. Doh Jeters says:

Dean - Your item was just front-paged on Hinessight.com Has been screenshot, saved, and will send to you.

Thank you, Hinessight!

37. .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) says:

To my knowledge, Schifrin has never written about lunch dates with Chris Finney.  I have also heard that Finney feeds him information.  But then again, there are rumors of all kinds of people feeding him information, from all levels of local government.

Don’t get distracted here.  This is not about stringing associations together into a daisy chain.  This is Hamilton County’s prosecutor frequently being tagged as a personal friend to this guy in The Whistleblower.  Deters won’t talk about it, but referred to it as his “personal life.”

If the top ranking law enforcement official endorses this kind of stuff, then we have a real problem.

38. Citizens Against Joe Deters says:

CincySuz I can’t speak for the NAACP or my good friend SmitherMan.  Feel free to contact Smitherman/NAACP.

Keep in mind that these are serious charges. The Whistleblower website which was temporarily shut down this morning, is being investigated and so is Deters.

39. .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) says:

I absolutely understand the seriousness. Do you? I don’t need to contact Smitherman. He’s been clear that Finney is a good friend. It’s okay for Finney to break bread with The Whistleblower but not Deters? Cincycapell, do you have any more detailed information on the relationship between the NAACP lawyer and the infamous fat ass that jokes about killing our first African American president?

40. .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) says:

Oh and if the site is shut down, great job, Dean! Let’s hope it stays that way.

41. No more Blower? says:

No No No- we need our comic relief from the man in the fat coat!

He does remind of the ballons in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade though doesn’t he? Wonder how many people it takes to keep him tethered down- oops forgot gravity. He has to have back and knee problems so catching him should be easy for the SS and the other government agencies!

You can’t even say he looks like the Pillsbury Doughboy! That is an insult to the cute little mascot!

Cincy Capell- that was worthly of one-“You’re not Worthy” comment!!! Oh my gawd-Coke got sprewed over the keyboard!

42. JFD says:

From #24

Thanks, Jason! This is the kind of, Rock Star, English Lit stuff, I like to see! Cajd, are you writing any of this down?

43. .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) says:

Time to involved the secret service and have him disbarred.  If one of us were to make that comment the SS would be in our lap in an instant.

44. Peter Deters says:

You are right- if WE had said anything like that- they would have locked us away and we would never be seen from again! Even if it was in a joke. It would have been Hello Gitmo for us- but Joey is gonna slime out of this one. He always does!

45. Jones says:

We know they have lunch on a regular basis

Oh really. And I’m sure the lot of you have actually seen Deters with Schiffrin in a restaurant.

I’m not surprised that Deters doesn’t reply. Why dignify unsubstantiated, witch hunt rumor & conjecture? And I’ll bet my dollar that the Secret Service is watching this blog & the racist CAJD blog.

Honestly, Jeffre & his boy never caused such a fuss & shorts all bunched up when they posted links to racial filth from Nichole Davis & Nate Livingston. Oh, that sh#t was all aces with them! Oh, wait a minute. The racial hatred knife only swings one way with the Beacon boyz.

Oh, and Deano, I really like your pomposity with the MA suffix. That’s really rich. In the future, it’s Joseph T. Deters, Esq., Prosecutor, Hamilton County, Ohio.  Get it right, boy.

46. Klean-up Krewe says:

August 25, 2008 - Media Release

Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters: Double Standard

Local NAACP President, Christopher Smitherman, is outraged by the lack of charges in the recent death of a child.  Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters continues to prosecute and jail African American women for child endangerment and neglect that did not result in the death of any child.  However, Joe Deters currently is reflecting on whether he will charge Mrs. Edwards, an upper middle-class white female from Wyoming, with neglect, child endangerment, or anything at all after her actions did result in the death of her child.

Smitherman proposes that the Criminal Justice System in Hamilton County is not just broken, it is racist. The Cincinnati NAACP continues to illuminate why so many African Americans in Hamilton County have no confidence or trust in Hamilton County Prosecutor, Joe Deters, or the criminal justice system. “The African American community is just tired of the double standards,” Smitherman announced.

The court system, the Prosecutor’s Office, and many judges inconsistently apply and enforce our laws.  This includes over-prosecution and high bonds, under-prosecution, or no prosecution. These inconsistent and preferential treatments are the indicators of the institutional racism.

47. .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) says:

Wow, Jones.  You seem really upset at my signature.  What’s interesting is that I did not post that signature online.  Look for yourself:  it says “The Dean of Cincinnati.”

So, Jones, you must have read the email I sent to Deters, the Commissioners, or Secret Service.  Since I doubt Secret Service agents leave anonymous blog comments like this, you are either Joe Deters, a Commissioner, a close friend, or an employee.

Interesting…

48. .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) says:

By the way, is a powerful local politician meeting Nate Livingston for lunch dates, feeding him information, and making jokes about an assassination?

Nope, didn’t think so…

49. Whoa Jones says:

Ok so this is obviously, Chrissie FinnyFanny, Phillie HineyHeimlich, ShiftyShchirifn, or Deter’s himself! Oh what the transparancy you have have given us!

I say that the Ohio State Bar association needs to also be made aware of his company and his comments- and what does Stan daMan say about this since he is a lifetime member of the NAACP??  Doesn’t look good for your new partner-associate Stan!!!

50. Steve Fritsch publishes The Whistleblower says:

51. Link Belt says:

Interesting comment posted under the Daily Kos edition of the Dean’s letter to Deters:

Based on the following, the newsletter which published the multiple assassination jokes is apparently hosted by Yahoo!. Perhaps Michael J. Callahan, Yahoo!‘s Executive Vice President & General Counsel, should be made aware of these issues?

“The Whistleblower” is hosted at thecincinnatusstandard.com

From this URL’s WHOIS listing:

Server Data, IP Address: 68.142.212.71

According to WHOIS, this IP address belongs to:

OrgName: Inktomi Corporation

Inktomi was bought by Yahoo! in 2003. Therefore, it appears Yahoo! is hosting “The Whistleblower.”

52. .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) says:

Interesting…

7.2 Prohibited Uses

In addition to those matters set forth in the Yahoo! Policies, You shall not post, transmit, retransmit, or store material on or through any of the Services which, in the sole judgment of Yahoo! (i) is in violation of any local, state, federal, or foreign law or regulation, (ii) is threatening, obscene, indecent, defamatory, or that otherwise could adversely affect any individual, group, or entity (collectively, “Persons”), or (iii) violates the rights of any person, including rights protected by copyright, trade secret, patent, or other intellectual property or similar laws or regulations including, but not limited to, the installation or distribution of “pirated” or other software products that are not appropriately licensed for Your use. You agree that you will NOT knowingly use the Service, among other things, to:

53. .Cincy..Capell. says:

I wonder if Jones is McKinley E. Brown, Joe Deters’ butt boy? Brown is the detective in Deters office who called Citizens Against Joe Deters and threatened her in order to silence her criticism of Deters. That incident clearly proves that Deters reads the local blogs, and that he is very thin-skinned indeed. Now that this latest incident is getting nationwide attention via Kos, the pressure is really going to be on Deters. Hopefully the story will reach Keith Olbermann or Rachel Maddow. Dean, might you consider posting an update on Kos with some previous examples of Deters feeding Shifrin stories? I think that will show a clear pattern of behavior on Deters part.

Have you contacted the County Commissioners, particularly Pepper & Portune, for their comment? It’s time that our County leaders condemn Schifrin and call Deters on the carpet for associating with him.

Well Jones, you have showed your hand. You are either Deters or someone very close to him. Gotcha!

54. Citizens Against Joe Deters says:

“Dean, your cross-posting of this article on DailyKos this morning has generated 111 comments so far.”

At 3:54 pm it was up to 184 comments.  Clearly this is the check Deters/Schifrin wrote that they won’t be able to cash.

Jones I know what you did last night.

Cincy Capell I heard Schifrin was looking for you. lol.

55. DailyKOS says:

Has over 200 comments!!

56. Jones says:

Interesting…

Oh good grief, Dean. Your name & the suffix are on the letters in the Scribd section.  Yeah, interesting indeed. Gads, what a numbskull. You can’t remember what you post! Your real name is out there for all & sundry to see, so, you can knock it off with the creative editing by slotting in “My Main Man”.  My main man my foot! I’m not anonymous. I’m Jones.  And no, I don’t mule for Deters, a Commissioner, a friend or an employee or a relative. What I do for a salary-earning living is really none of your damned business.

57. Jones says:

Yeah, and no one has seen the Fat Man lunching with Deters either. Just as I thought. Nate’s getting 3 hots & a cot in the Washtenaw County Jail. That was the hottest story at the Neighborhood Summit on Saturday.

Hate to disappoint you, Capell.  You’ve got bupkus, boy.

Jones I know what you did last night.

Oh, FBK, don’t bluff me. Save your theatrics & histrionics for your blog.

58. Citizens Against Joe Deters says:

Jones do you think the Enquirer will report Deter’s visit from the Secret Service (surely it’s coming)?  Nope they probably will not.

Bronson’s column today seemed to have jumped on the Beacon’s bandwagon.

Yep I heard about that neighborhood summit and how the entire conversation turned to Trolly.  Jones—I realy do know what you did last night.

59. .Cincy..Capell. says:

“Yeah, and no one has seen the Fat Man lunching with Deters either”

WRONG!
    Tenley Moy, the owner of China Gourmet, confirmed to me that Schifrin & Deters used to lunch together on a regular basis at his restaurant. He’s no longer open for lunch so appearently they go elsewhere now, namely King Wok in Clifton.

60. Citizens Against Joe Deters says:

That Joe Deters is the chief legal representative of Hamilton County, that Jim Schifrin has long claimed that he and Deters are friends, that on January 17 Schifrin published the allegation that he and Deters shared an assassination joke about the President of the United State, that Deters needs to address the allegation, and that Deters’  failure to do so is unacceptable.

61. Smith says:

Jones: Yeah, and no one has seen the Fat Man lunching with Deters either. Just as I thought.

Jones, sounds to me like you’re saying Jim Schifrin is lying about lunching with Deters. As far as I know, Deters hasn’t answered for himself, so let’s ask Schifrin.

Sent today to: whistleblower@cinci.rr.com

Dear Mr. Schifrin,

At the Cincinnati Beacon, a commenter using the name “Jones” has cast doubts on your claims that you sometimes have lunch with Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters. This link will take you to “Jones’” comment: http://tinyurl.com/aj4c83

If you wish to clarify, would you please post your answer in the same comments section or in The Whistleblower in the next day or so?

Thank you for for your time and consideration - “Smith”

62. .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) says:

I think the Schifrin takes his lunches pretty seriously.

63. Jones says:

Jones—I realy do know what you did last night.

Well, bully for you, FBK.  I hope you got your rocks off.

So what, Cappel. I patronize King Wok often.  It seems you’re making a guess with your use of “apparently”. See, you don’t know. You haven’t seen Deters & Schifrin over plates of Moo Goo Gai Pan & Moo Shu Pork.

Smith, let’s just say for the sake of discussion that I’m not stating that Schifrin is lying. It seems to me that Dean, Jeffre, Cappel, FBK from the hate Joe Deters blog are conjuring up a bunch of bubbe meisesthat they can’t concretely establish. If you read Schifrin, the bulk of it fantasy baloney anyway. I’d be willing to bet my dollar that Dean, Jeffre, Cappel, FBK & the rest of their ilk have never, ever seen Schifrin. And so it goes. Be prepared for this Schifrin to have great fun with your little note.  BTW Smith, my name really is Jones.  You see, at one time Dean & Jeffre got their shorts all bunched up over Anon posters to this blog. Of course, I was one of their targets because I don’t necessarily agree with a lot of their viewpoints, much to their chagrin. Everyone is to poop in the pot according to their demands & wholeheartedly agree with them on everything & anything. I’ll consider that the day they start paying my bills & authorizing my EFT salary. Until then, they’re SOL.

BTW, all you storytellers - if Schifrin & Deters had purportedly carried on & say for purpose of discussion that Hillary was president, would your shorts be all wadded up in the crack of your a$$ like it is now?  Yeah, just what I thought. She’s a cracker & she’s a woman. I haven’t seen any hue & cry over the daily raking he gives to Congresswoman Schmidt. More of the same old from the Beacon.

64. Citizens Against Joe Deters says:

You stated that none of us had SEEN Schifrin . I won’t go there.
    It is offensive, juvenile,  and racist when Schifrin spews his choo pow soup hate-breath on anyone.  I voted (1-2-3 times) for Jean Schmidt.  Did you know that?

No matter how you spin it Jones, Deters relationship with Schrifin is unacceptable. Anybody that is familiar with Schrifin is aware of what he stands for. No respectable, elected official would go near him, because to do so is politically suicide.  And the politicians that think it’s OK to be photographed and have their name written in the racists tip sheet are clueless.

You keep referring to CAJD blog as racist.  One example. Give one!

65. Smith says:

Even if nothing else comes of this, it was worth it just to watch someone like Jones get his knickers in a twist! By the way Jones, talk is cheap. $50 says the story gets ink in an established paper within 30 days. The Dean can hold our money.

Justin, hilarious line about the serious lunches!

66. JFD plays with The Whistleblower's flesh apron says:

I think JFD has the same problem with me as does Joe Deters. That is to say he wants me to stay in my role.

From what I’ve observed of your rebellious spirit, only a fool would take on that job! On the other hand, from what I’ve observed of JFD, he’s eminently qualified.

67. .Cincy..Capell. says:

The owner of China Gourmet, one of the top 25 restaurants in the region, has seen Schifron & Deters lunching together many times at his restaurant for years. “Jones” wants to ignore this. It the truth “Jones” so get the hell over it. Schifrin even says it himself on the Whistleblower.

68. Jones says:

So what if the owner claims he has seen Deters & Schifrin in his restaurant! Big freaking deal!  He isn’t the one doing all the muckraking here.

Get over it yourself, Cappel & FBK.  Neither one of you have seen these 2 dudes sitting down for anything, & that includes taking a constitution!

Deters relationship with Schifrin is unacceptable.

FBK, you have absolutely no solid proof that there’s a relationship to be unacceptable. This is just more of your racist, witch hunt baloney. Whether Schifrin has made statements or not, you have not one shred of eyewitness proof this is occurring. It’s purely hearsay & conjecture.

Apparently, you people cannot decipher satire & spoofing from actual facts.

69. .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) says:

CAJD member
    I feel this is unacceptable and only shows the incompetence of Joe Deters as a city official, let alone the district attorney. It only reveals his ignorance and racist way of life. Indulging in a joke that is aimed at the death of President Obama should not be tolerated at any extent and I believe that Joe Deters is unfit for the position in which he is in. Deters is suppose to be for peace not joking about something that could tear this country apart.

70. Jones says:

First off, Smith, this Jones doesn’t get the knickers in a twist. Grew out of that unproductive baby crap ages ago. It seems a bunch of people here enjoy having their shorts all wadded up over everything & anything. What does it do for you?  Give you some sort of jollies or something?

Next, your bet is worthless. This slop is already in the media in some form. Perhaps an “established paper” might pick up the dreck, but I doubt it after others have picked it to pieces. On the other hand, it might be a good idea for an “established paper” to pick it up, assign some good researchers to it, only to find the bulk of you with slander & unsubstantiated accusations.

Dean can hold our money? That’s your call, Smith. If you want to put $50 in deposit with him, that’s up to you.  I wouldn’t give Dean a dime to hold on deposit for a bet, let alone anything else. Not now, not ever.

71. Joner's aboner says:

Instead of denying lucnhes with Scifrin dirty Deter’s simply claims it is his personal life. If it was just hearsay & conjecture then dirty Deters would have said so, he didn’t deny it.

72. .Cincy..Capell. says:

Jones sure is worked up into a tizzy for someone who isn’t Deters, a close friend of Deters and/or a Deters employee! Jones is denying all of the facts and proof available that Deters & Schifrin are indeed associated. He might as well try and deny that the Earth is round. Deters is dirty, and Schifrin is his butt-boy.

73. Smith says:

Repudiate a hardcore racist newsletter that makes assassination jokes about the President? That’s a piece of cake for any public official, as has been shown by in these pages by Alex T and Greg Hartmann, Republican colleagues of Deters.

Jones has no problem with Deters failing to denounce this garbage. That’s one reason a third-rater like Deters is running the prosecutor’s office, because people like Jones don’t hold their public officials to even this minimal standard of decency.

74. So when is enough? says:

This has now gone on for a week. And our fav Gannett Paper is more worried if Nancy Zimpher is leaving- Oh Margaret we feel your pain since you are on the board- and our snow and ice which has DEMANDED 24/7 coverage- enough is enough.

So- when is someone going to confront Deters-his NAACP lifetime member partner Chesley- and when is someone going to call Alex T and Demand that he step down or at least say that hanging with the “Fat Dude” has been a bad idea!

Come on Deter’s I know that you are hanging out here reading these things or your staff is. So- come on- Do the right thing and either step down- or make comment. Your silence is so guilty.

75. .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) says: